After 3 consecutive years at other side of the channel (minerska) we are moving to a new location MARTINSKA. This is going to be a significant move for us as new location is offering many good things that we were unable to offer before, most importantly camping!
Martinska got its name somewhere in the 15th century when a church dedicated to St. Martin on the most important pier of Šibenik winemakers was erected. Sailing through Šibenik harbor to Martinska, to cultivate vineyards, olive groves and fields on Srima has been a part of Šibenik everyday life for centuries.
After the construction of the marina, Martinska was the most important traffic point of Šibenik until July 27, 1966, when the Šibenik bridge was opened through the Šibenik Bay on the Adriatic highway.
Still, Martinska was still very important to the Šibenik, but as a beach resort. In addition, it also keeps memories of the historic beginnings of tourism in Šibenik. It was the main Šibenik beach site for years before the construction of the beach on Jadrija.
Šibenik is the oldest native Croatian town and a pearl of the Adriatic coast. With its historic fortresses and UNESCO protected cathedral it is a perfect travel destination. Placed in the central Dalmatia it has two national parks, Krka and Kornati, in the vicinity. Its history and beautiful nature together with summer music festivals and gastronomic events make a holistic cultural and hedonistic Mediterranean experience.
DO NOT MISS WHILE IN ŠIBENIK
- Visiting the Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Cathedral of St. James and St. Nicholas Fort
- Checking Out Many Outstanding Festivals and the Summer Stage of St. Michael’s Fortress
- Visiting Krka River, which flows through a deep and picturesque canyon for over 75 km and creates roaring waterfalls
- Visit Kornati national park, that covers an area of 220 km2 and includes a total of 89 spectacular islands
- Sailing Through St. Anthony’s Channel, One of the Most Beautiful Parts of the Adriatic
- Walk or cycle on St Anthony Channel walkway
- Enjoying the summer activities on the Banj beach with a unique view of the historic town centre
- Visit smaller coastal resorts like Vodice, Jadrija, Primošten, Pirovac and Tribunj also offer ample evidence of earlier vibrant communities that can be traced all the way back to antiquity
- Exploring ¨Game of Thrones¨ filming locations
- Join Membrain Festival
You can find more info on these links:
If you don’t have your own vehicle, have in mind that there are all kinds of public transportation to Šibenik (trains, buses, airplanes).
From the direction of Zagreb, Rijeka and Istria it is easy to reach Martinska following the motorway direction Šibenik and get off at the exit 20 – Pirovac, and then continue driving in the direction of Jadrija and Martinska. Also, from the direction of Split follow the motorway and use exit 22- Šibenik and follow the road through Šibenik Bridge and to Martinska.
There are regular bus lines from all major cities in Croatia and in the region. For more info look up getbybus.com.
It is easy to reach Šibenik from Zagreb by train. For more information look up www.hzpp.hr.
There are two international airports close to city of Šibenik. Zadar Airport is 80 kilometers away www.zadar-airport.hr, and Airport Split only 60 kilometers www.split-airport.hr. They are both reachable by motorway.
Octopus Transfers will get you to Membrain Festival from any airport, port or hotel across Croatia quickly, safely and for a very affordable price with their fleet of cars, minivans and minibuses.
There is a catamaran line from Pula to Zadar a few times a week during the summer. Find more info and timetable on this link.
Once you have arrived to Šibenik, if you are not traveling by your own vehcile, you can opt between taking a Taxi Boat that will take you to a pier next to the festival site, or you can take a local bus from Šibenik bus central to Jadria, there is enough of taxis/cabs or uber drivers that can drive you directly to the festival site if neither of the first mentioned options work for you.